Recently my husband and I went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. While he was showering I thought I would just take a look in their local directory to see if there were any yarn shops and Goodwill stores there. Jackpot! Both were listed in the directory, but I had to find where they were. So, as we were out and about I kept my eyes open for the street names and would say "Honey, let's ride down this street and see what is down there". Well, I was able to locate them both. I didn't say anything about it at the time but I knew that I was definitely going to stop at both places before we left to head back home. Unfortunately the yarn shop was not open the next day. But the good ol' Goodwill was open.
I'm glad that we stopped. When we first went in he said "looks like nothing but a bunch of junk to me", but I just laughed, pulled up my sleeves and dug in anyway. Well just look at what I found!
Isn't she pretty! She is releasing a little dove. I love the way it looks like her hair is blowing in the breeze. Here is a closeup!

I also found the little church there too. I'm not sure if he was impressed with my find, my I was indeed happy!
2 comments:
wow i adore both of those
you have similar taste to me.
Jullie
Birds of a feather flock together!
Aren't they great thrift store finds?
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage
Post a Comment