Saturday, September 8, 2007

Is it Ugly or What?

"Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty" Job 5:17

I probably shouldn't be posting this because this is one of my Ebay items for tomorow's postings. I found this old cherub awhile back and had forgotten all about him as he was stored away in my stash of stuff to sell. And though I probably shouldn't say this, but well, I am an honest person. And I just have to tell you the truth as I see it! And I have to say that this cherub is ugly! I must not have looked at him when I bought him! Now tell me the truth ...Isn't this just the ugliest, meanest, snarliest, surliest looking Cherub you have ever seen????? Go ahead...enlarge the photo! Look at that Face! Doesn't he kind of resemble CHUCKY????? I hope I don't have nightmares about him tonight!

Oh well, since beauty IS in the eye of the beholder I guess I should just hush and hope someone buys him!

Sweet Dreams,
Barbara

13 comments:

Lori said...

Thank goodness I used the bathroom before I read your post! I would have wet myself at the cherub!! Yep I clicked and he does look like Chuckie!!! You know I bet it was meant to be! Once my husband won a small Chuckie doll in one of those claw machines and i had to hide him in the basement! This gets weirder, now I can't find the darn thing, for six years!!! Later, Lori

Latharia said...

*shudder* That is just downright freaky. Do provide us with a link to your eBay sale, so we can see if anyone disagrees with us and wants to take him home!

S said...

You are so very funny! lol. He does sort of look a little like Chucky doen't he? How weird!!!

;)

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Barbara that is so funny! He's cute! Poor little guy! I hope he finds a home so you can sleep better! lol!

Laurie

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

This reminds me of one that Lyn shared once..... actually, I think it was a trio of them on a table base!
:)
Please stop by my blog today; I am having a tea party!

Jenny Froh said...

Yes.. I must say he's not easy on the eyes.. poor little guy :(

Smart Living Today said...

Hi there and thank you for coming to my Tea Party! Your cherub just looks a little miffed....Congratulations on your "A Blog with a Heart."
Peggy

Flea Market Queen said...

He is a little Chuckyish...
Your too funny!
Thanks for joining me for Tea...
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Well yes I guess he is a little ugly but I'm sure there is someone out there who will love him.

Kathleen Grace said...

He does look like a little cranky pants, I think it is the gilding though, If he were all painted white it might make him more agreeable:>)

Charmingdesigns said...

Well...should be interesting so see if someone finds some "beauty" in this little guy.lol Laurie

blessings said...

How funny! He is a bit snarly isn't he?! I have a few like that stowed away in the room that's been dubbed the "Shabby Rose" room. My husband thinks it's his workout room but the tell-tale rubbermaid containers stacked along the wall say different =) Blessings... Polly

Mom of 2 Roses said...

You must post your red spoon and fork for us to see! I'll bet it's pretty.

Laurie