Friday, October 12, 2007

Day 3 - Apple Orchards & Burt's Pumpkin Farm

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Matthew 6: 19-21

On day 3 of our little laid back excursion we headed back home. We had in mind of stopping by Burt's Pumpkin Farm and some of the apple orchards between Ellijay and home. First we stopped at a couple of little apple orchards along the way. Which, by the way, got me wanting some caramel apples big time! That's another thing about autumn. Always makes me want things that I don't normally even think about eating.



























Not only did these little roadside stands sell apples, they also sold breads, fried apple pies, candies, recipe books, honey, jams & jellies & knick knack & doo dads.


Next stop - Burt's Farm! If you love autumn color, feast your eyes!










There must have been hundreds, no thousands, of pumpkins!


From huge pumpkins to teeny, tiny pumpkins. Edible pumpkins and pumpkins for carving. White pumpkins, old fashioned pumpkins, cinderella pumpkins, blue green pumpkins...yes... blue-green pumpkins!


The Cinderella pumpkins are sort of short & squatty for lack of a better description!










These little guys are called Lil' Pokemon gourds! Aren't they cute!











Acorn Squash!


Jack-Be-Little Squash, that I thought were tiny pumpkins! And Spaghetti squash!







And others that I don't know the names.


And Lordy at the gourds!!!

Doesn't this one remind you of a goose or something?









Can you believe these gourds?













Let's take a break and play in the hay!



OH my goodness more, and more and more pumpkins!


I don't know who the little boy is, but I had to take a double take because he looks a little like my grandson! But this photo gives you an idea of how big some of the pumpkins are!


And there was tractor for the kids to play on....

And no pumpkin patch would be complete without a hayride, where there were fields of more pumpkins picked and waiting to be brought to the store grounds.















Of course, all the little kids loved these talking pumpkins!












And oh my gosh.... more,







































and more and more pumpkins!


Are you pumpkined out yet? Ok... though I do have more pumpkin photos, that's all I will post!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Burt's Farm!


Come back soon!

Hugs,

Barbara



























12 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Lots and lots of pumpkin! What an autumn feast for the eyes!
Oh, I love the blue-green ones, those are new to me!
Beautiful!!
:)

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ohmigosh i cant believe all those pumpkins Barbara! i am having trouble just trying to find ONE for my halloween decos! PLEASE SEND A PUMPKIN A.S.A.P ha ha ha
The photos are just awesome, thankyou so much for sharing them with us, i am truly just amazed by it all! Looks like you guys had such a great time.

Hugs, Shann xo

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Those pictures of Landon on the pumpkins are priceless! What beautiful pictures you took. I love going to a pumpkin patch. We don't have any here but we did in Nebraska. I'm so glad you had such a good time.

Laurie

roseroomnz.com said...

Well I loved Burts farm, I don't think I have ever seen so many pumpkins. Take Care - Rachaelxo

kari and kijsa said...

Lots and lots of Fall for all the eye to see! Fabulous photos. Thanks for sharing all the photos!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Peta said...

Wow, all those pumpkins!

Jenny Froh said...

Oh I can't wait to hit the pumpkin patch with my boys! It looks like so much fun!!!!

Deanna said...

What beautiful pictures! What a splendid day that must have been.

Deanna :)

Artifax said...

What an ocean of pumpkins!! I've never seen so many varieties or ... so many pumpkins! Sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic time at the farm and apple orchards!

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

Barbara,
I just love your blog and have enjoyed listening to the music too!
Okay, so I started all the way at the bottom of the page and worked my way up as I read all of your posts. I went from tears as I read about your Daddy and looked at the picture of your Momma and Daddy and then lots of smiles by the time I reached the top with all of the beautiful pumpkins and gourds. Your grandson is just adorable! Thanks for such great reading! Have a wonderful evening!
Erin

blessings said...

I LOVE blue/green pumpkins. I sought some out this year but only got a few. Do you love apple cider donuts too? Oh my, every Autumn I just want those donuts!! Blessings.. POlly

PattieJ said...

Love your pics of the pumpkin farm! I love Fall!! We used to take the kids to the pumpkin farm when they were young. I miss doing those kinds of things now that they are grown... Thanks for sharing!

Pattie :)