Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tonight I have had my thoughts and prayers on my extended family. I don't know if you have ever heard the expression "when it rains, it pours", but that certainly seems to be the case with my extended family right now. I told you about my brother in law being burned over the weekend already. He has been in a lot of pain so I hope you will continue your prayers for him. Well...Monday morning, around 4:45 a.m. my cousin called me to let me know that my uncle had passed away. He was 88 years old. He and his wife, which is my daddy's sister, had been married for 67 years.....67 years....My goodness, what a long, long time. He has been in very poor health for the last 4 or 5 years and has basically been bed ridden and on a feeding tube. My aunt's health is not the best either. But she has stood by him thru it all. She is legally blind and not in the best of help herself. They only had one child but the child passed away many, many years ago in her childhood. Our family has dwindled down to very few, but the relatives that live nearby did the best that they could to help to tend to their needs, but with my uncle being bed ridden for the last years my aunt had to have full time, 24 hour a day care for him. She sold everything that they owned, land, home, cars....everything of value to try to keep her husband at home instead of in a nursing home. And he was cared for very well. She saw to that. After all those years of being bed ridden he never had not one bed sore. Not one. Last week my uncle aspirated and had to be taken to the emergency room at the hospital and was there for a few days. My aunt is completely out of money and has no other assets. My uncle and aunt both had to be released to the care of a nursing home. They were at least able to get the two of them into the same nursing home so that my aunt could be with her husband. He was there only a few days and quit breathing, never to be revived. My aunt is alone now. We attended the funeral today. I went to her to express my sympathy. She looked up at me with tear filled eyes and said "I love you too honey. I have had someone who loved me for 67 years and now he is gone and I am alone." It just breaks my heart. But I know that the Lord can bring her peace. And I pray HE will.

Next, my cousin...He is in very poor health also. He had a major heart attack at a very young age and has been unable to work for a very, very long time. Currently his heart is only at 15% function. He has had to go on dialysis two times a week. Yesterday he went to dialysis and when he was on the way home he began to gush blood from the port that he receives the dialysis from. His daughter called paramedics but they could not stop the bleeding so he had to be transported to the hospital. It seems that the dialysis center gave him way too much medication and it caused the uncontrollable bleeding.

I pray that the Lord will be with each of them during this very difficult time.

Psalm 23
1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


3 comments:

Peta said...

You and your family are in my prayers Barbara. Hugs, Peta

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Barbara,
I am very sorry for your loss and your family's loss. It must be such a difficult time for you all. Please know that you all are in my prayers. I know only through Jesus can you get through times like these.

(((hugs)))
Laurie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Oh Barbara, i had no idea you were going through all of this.
I am hugging you tight (((((squeeze))))), I hope you can feel that.
I pray and pray for all of you to be strong and for God to help you through this.

Love Always,
Shann xxxooo