Thursday, April 3, 2008

Psalm 18
1I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies
In the early part of this week a very dear friend shared the opportunity with me to reclaim the promise within the 18th Chapter of Psalms. What a beautiful inspiration this was to me! I read the entire chapter over and over that night. And as inspiring as it was, what added to the inspiration was what happened to me this morning. I had little sleep last night, as is the case most nights for me. Somewhere in the wee hours of the morning I finally dozed off and awoke around three oclock this morning and stumbled on into bed, finally, in hopes that I would get some much needed rest. But this morning as I lay there in a sound sleep I was awakened with the compelling call that I must get up and go read my Bible. God had something that He wanted for me to read. Well, I thought to myself, well, gosh.... I am so tired, I will read it later... when I get up. Well, I guess the Lord had different plans in mind because the pull to get up out of that bed and go to read the Bible would not release me to drift back into sleep. So , I got out of the bed, went to the living room to fetch my Bible and took it back to my bedroom and I prayed for the Lord to guide me as to what He would have me to read. So, I just opened my Bible and looked down and if front of me appears this same chapter, Psalms 18. Again I read these words. "I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." How blessed are we that we can call upon our Lord for all things. Today, I walked with the promise in my heart and claimed it for my own. He promises to be my strength, my rock, my fortress, my deliver, my buckler, the horn of my salvation, my high tower.
I don't know why I feel compelled to write about this. But the Lord led me here with this tonight.
Wishing you peace in His promise.
Lots of love,
Barbara

7 comments:

blessings said...

Isn't it wonderful time spent with the Lord when we wake up in the middle of the night, knowing that He's calling our name?! Like Samuel. I've learned over the years that when I'm awake and can't sleep, to pray. Perhaps next time we'll be up praying together. Blessings... Polly

Anonymous said...

Barbara, you are truly a gift to me.
Always Your Friend,
Marilyn

Pam said...

Thank you for this post; I love these verses. It is such a comfort and help to know that He will be our rock.
So glad I stopped by this morning.
Blessings,
Pam

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so comforting! xoRachel

Bek said...

The Lord is so wonderful that he reminds us of his love and to lean on him. He guides us in the good times and carries us in the bad.

Thankyou for sharing

mimi said...

Hi Barbara,
I talked to you a little on the esty csst thread tonight and just found your blog. I wanted to share these verses with you. I read them over and over when I can't seem to find rest at night.
Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 63:6-8
On my bed I remember you: I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you:your right hand upholds me.
I will pray for peace and rest for you
Mimi~xoxo

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

You are so sweet to share these verses with me Mimi! Thank you for your prayers!
Hugs,
Barbara