Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I WANT ONE!!! Roaring 20's Flapper Mannequins


A special thank you to Nostalgic Corner for granting permission to me to share these photos with you!

Recognize this lady? Last week I featured this beautiful Roaring 20's Flapper Mannequin in a treasury on Etsy. The artist sells her awesome hand painted creations in her Etsy Store called Nostalgic Corner.
After creating my treasury, I went back to Nostalgic Corner to check out all of her mannequins and noticed that the mannequin above was actually ordered by Courtney Love with this specific mannequin design!! The artists mannequins have also been used to display jewelry on both US and British television. It's no wonder!!! Just look at these!!





My goodness! How do you choose just one????

I am so impressed with this artists work! The more I look.....the more I WANT ONE!! How many is it that makes a collection? I try to stay out of her store, but I keep going over and looking and wishing and dreaming that maybe, just maybe, one day I might be the owner of one of these ladies!

I hope you will visit Nostalgic Corner! She also currently has an original mixed media painting on canvas that would look great in your romantic style home!

25 comments:

Jennie said...

Well, thank you for starting a new obsession for me, too! These are too, too cool :)

Mia Sophia said...

oh thanks for sharing! I've never seen anything so lovely and so fun! I def. need to add one of those to my list!

OurWanderingAdventures said...

WOW! Those are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been drooling over these for awhile now! They look fabulous here. The only thing preventing me from owning one, sadly, is my current lack of sales. Someday...

If I have to choose a favorite, I think I like the one with the feather coming out of her hat, but it's oh, so hard, to choose.

Tam

Lori said...

oh my gosh!!! i love those too Barbara!!!

Tiedupmemories said...

Ditto to the above comment!! WOW! I love them! Beautiful work! They are really fun.Thanks for sharing this artist!
Tracy

mimi said...

Oh my goodness these really are wonderful. I just love all the detail she adds. It would be fun to have one of these. Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs
Mimi~

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I LOVELOVELOVE the gal in the dark teal hat! They are all stunning, though!

Anonymous said...

These are Sensational!! I would Love one in My Home!!
Thanks for Sharing, Barbara!
Love, Marilyn

bj said...

Thanks so much for the headsup on these lovely ladies...going right over to ck things out....

bj said...

Well, I just went over to the shop and GREAT BALLS OF FIRE...those are the most incrediable things I've ever seen in my life.
I WANT ONE, TOO !!!!!!!!!!!I wonder if it would be ok for me to show these on my blog as well? EVERYONE needs to see these!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

OMGoodness...they are just wonderful!!!!

Dang it...now I want one too!
Smiles, Karen

The Catnap Cottage said...

Oh, how gorgeous - I want one too, or two or three....Thanks for this wonderful post and fabulous eye candy!! Cindy

♥Mimi♥ said...

You want one. I want one. I betcha a whole lotta people want one now that they've seen them at your place this cheerful Pink Saturday. Thanks so much for sharing.

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Hi Barbara! Those are stunninng! Thanks for sharing those with us. I hope you are doing ok. I haven't been around much.
Hugs,
Laurie

Gail McCormack said...

OMG they are wonderful!!! I absolutely love each and everyone!!
Thanks for the link

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Nice post and gorgeous girls! Now I must check out her shop...

Ciao,

Suzanne

Rebecca said...

These are beyond awesome! I don't know how you would choose. As I scrolled, I said, "I'd choose that one." "Oh no, I would choose this one." "No, maybe this one". LOL

Thanks for sharing these!

Blessings,
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the mannequins, they truly look like "flappers"! I wanted to stop by and wish you "Happy Valentine's Day"! I am having a "Valentine's Day Blog Party" along with some wonderful blogs and would love for you to attend my party and special giveaway in honor of my friend, Ag! Happy Valentine's Day!!! Mimi

Miss Rhea said...

Those are awesome !! I too have drooled over her work. I love the one with the Pink Hair, gotta love that !! :) Happy Valentine's day !! :)

Country Wishes said...

They look fantastic!

American Homemaker said...

Those are so much fun!

Joy Jones said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! What a talented artist. I would love one of these to display my jewelry on! ~ xoxo Joy

Anonymous said...

they are gorgeous
I want one too! or two or three

greetings from holland, anna

BizzieLizzie said...

Oh, MY - I'm so glad I got to see these - they are GORGEOUS! Would love to have one grace my sewing room!