Do you love strawberry preserves? Well, here is a simple recipe for you! And Strawberry preserves make a great gift too!Simple Old Fashioned Strawberry Preserves
Yield: Approximately 3 cups
1 1/2 - 2 Cups of Sugar
3 One Pint Containers of Strawberries (hulled)
1 - 2 tsp. lemon juice
Place hulled strawberries in heavy large saucepan and mash coarsely. Stirring frequently, cook strawberries over medium heat until beginning to thicken, around 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add sugar and the lemon juice, stirring until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and boil gently until the mixture thickens and mounds on the spoon, continuing to stir frequently, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool in the refrigerator. .
Refrigerate in an airtight container and eat within one week.
12 comments:
I LOVE strawberries in any form. Lol I usually make strawberry jam every year for the freezer, but somehow slipped up this year and we are about out!!
Blessings~
OOh I do love strawberry preserves and every other preserve! I'm on a apricot kick right mow. Every morning I have the jam on my toast! Love it! I've never made my own...Smuckers does it for me.LOL! Adorable tag and the recipe actually looks quite easy. Thanks for sharing!
I love Strawberries. This recipe sounds wonderful. I must say, I really enjoyed your blog this Monday morning, the soft music was delightful and made my heart happy. I also enjoyed looking at all your lovelies on your little Etsy site box.
Have a wonderful day,
xo Cathy
Sounds delish! My boss just got back from Seville Spain and brought some marmalade with the lovely oranges they have there. Yum! I'm always afraid I will poison someone if I don't can or preserve properly. :/ I love your cute tag with the crocheted bits. Very pretty! Have a great day and best wishes, Tammy
Sounds quite easy and tasty too.....thanks for the recipe, Barb!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. YOu have some great ideas.. I was over at My Romantic HOme reading on Cindys post.. I saw her three teir dish and it was white. I knew then i would paint it white.. I love your idea about changing it up at Holidays.. And the idea of using it in my crafting room to hold my supplies.. I just love blog friends.. Have a great day.
Yummy! I love your tags too and I have put mine in the oven to help them darken. Low heat till dry, give it a try :)
I love strawberry preserves. Actually strawberry anything! You have such a beautiful blog. Thank you so much for visiting me today. Karen
My mom used to make these. Oh, they were soooo good, especially with her homemade buttermilk biscuits!
Thank you for sharing and allowing me to visit you this evening!
In Christ,
Andrea
Hi Barb, sorry I havn't been around in a while, and thank you for dropping by with such lovely comments it is always nice to hear from you :)
This recipe sounds great, I will save it for next summer when I go strawberry pickin' :)
I love strawberries & some of those old-fashioned recipes are the best, aren't they :)
Barb, that sounds so yummy! Love the tag, too! Your things are so pretty!
Post a Comment