Friday, January 8, 2010

Fun, Happy Colors

I just love happy colors! They make me feel....well .....HAPPY!! I am always in search of vintage linens. They are one of my many weaknesses.

But, enough about my weaknesses!! Look what I found!! Isn't it just the greatest burst of color!! I also love to crochet and, in fact, I have been working on a throw in a similar ripple pattern on and off for several months. But with the holidays and everything else going on I put it down and haven't picked it back up. This beautiful one was lovingly made by someone else. Many, many hours goes into making one of these so they truly are a labor of love. These types of afghans are great to use up your scrap yarn! The perfect way to snuggle up this winter!

Oh....And look what else I found!


Aren't these cool retro placemats awesome!! I love a punch of color in my kitchen and these really are hard for me to let go!

Take a closer look! I think they were made on some sort of loom. I have never made any of these and would love to find a loom that I could make some with! So if you know of one or what kind of loom these were made with I would love to hear about it.

I am part of a wonderful group of vintage sellers on Etsy called the Vintage Market Team and we are having a WHITE SALE January 10th - 17th. And it's not only just items that you would typically find in your retail white sale. Lots of members will be selling items that are just white, like white jewelry, china, etc..... So the way to find the sale items is to search VMTEAMWHITESALE on Etsy. Many, including myself, have already listed our items and have begun our SALE EARLY! You can find these goodies are already in my shop. Hope you will stop in and see what is being offered in our shops!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara!!
Just love the afghan you found. In fact I have one I did many years ago that's very similar.
I remember those placemats you have in the other pictures. An elderly lady I knew years ago made them & yes, they were made on a loom. Check Ebay.... maybe you can turn-up the loom needed!
So-o-o-o cold here...We have about 10" of snow on the ground & more coming & temps this weekend below zero. I know you are cold there too. So make sure your hatches are all battened down & stay warm!!
**Smile**
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Hi, Barb! The placemats look like they are from a hexagon lap loom. They look perfect for Valentine's Day decorating!

Lenore said...

Lovely afghan that you found.....my late aunt used to crochet many of those each year and give them as gifts.
It looks great in your shop.

starrynightimpressions said...

What a wonderful find Barbara!
I have one of two that my grandmother made a lonnnnng time ago and this makes me question where I have stored mine, lol.
blessings to you and your hubby, and stay safe and warm!
starrydeborah

MomWaldsPlace said...

Now that Christmas is over I HAVE to go check out the team!

The photo of the glass with the mat is perfect. I have a hard time showing how fun vintage glasses are. Yours is fabulous!

I wonder what kind of stitch is in that afghan. I don't recognize it.

The Catnap Cottage said...

I especially love the afghan. I made one like that for a Christmas gift - love the bright colors too! I have two that I have been working on since the fall - it seems I will never get through with them. I used a vintage pattern where you change colors at the end of each row. So then at the end, you have to tuck in the ends or make fringe. Maybe I will have them ready for my shop by next winter!! LOL!! Hope you are well!

Anonymous said...

HI Barbara, thanks for visiting my blog...you're all signed up!
love the throw! I've started collecting, have 3 now, all under $8! 10 years ago I would've hated them, but ya know how that goes!
Kath

Ivy Long, Edera Jewelry said...

Hi Barbara--
Thank you so much for your comments on my giveaway post--I so appreciate your kind words about my work, and that you'd like to spread the word! Please feel free to use any of the photos--thank you!
And thank you for all of your encouragement--
Best of luck :)
xo,
Ivy