Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Vintage Golden Hands Magazines

Lots of times in my thrifting hunts I find some great vintage craft magazines. Remember the Golden Hands Magazines from the 1970's? Filled with great inspirations for crafters from basic embroidery stitches, knitting, crochet, patchwork, blackwork, smocking and so much more in those pages! Each week you could receive another inspirational craft magazine.

Look at the one above. Great graphics don't you think? And look at the pendant that she is wearing, which is from metal thread embroidery!
This one says "Knit a sunsuit and embroider a sunflower / In Collector's Piece: a hoot of owls"

This one says "Sew quick fashion patchwork, Jacket in Crochet" and I also noticed on the inside pages about embroidery on tulle. Sounds interesting!


What I like about these vintage craft magazines is that there seems to be something for everyone! Crochet a Shawl! This one has a feature on needlepoint, a richly decorated tote!
Needlepoint, blackwork embroidery, needle made lace like Danish lace, and more!

The Golden Hands magazines have things for those who like to sew too!
Look at the needlepoint cuff bracelet around the wrist of the model! Oh....see that! Knit a baby sacque too!
Ideas for dressmaking and smocking.
This one has an introduction to goldwork.

I have a huge collection of these Golden Hands magazines! Some of them are in my Southern Lady's Vintage etsy shop and some are in my Southern Lady's Vintage Artfire shop and some are still sitting in my office just waiting for me to photograph and list. So if anyone is looking for any that you may be missing from your collection I just might be able to help you! You can contact me thru my shops and I will see what I can do!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this magazine but looking at the fashions... They are so feminine & pretty!!
Have a Great Week!
Marilyn

Sugar Pink Boutique said...

Great magazines Barbara!

Antiques Galore Gal said...

Oh the memories! A great trip down memory lane.

SKY PRINCESS said...

I remember these magazines. It is so cool to see them again. I see you like vintage jewelry. I did a post today on 1950's jewelry on my Channeling Ricky blog. I love visitors...


http://channelingricky.blogspot.com/2010/08/vintage-collectables-lucite-thermoset.html