
Welcome to Vintage Love Saturday for October 23, 2010! I was thrilled when this week's chosen theme was voted to be vintage linens! I love vintage linens and have been collecting them for years. Not only do I love the handiwork of all of the hand crocheted doilies, tablecloths and runners and all of the pretty hand embroidered linens that I find, but I also love the beautiful bright colors of the vintage tablecloths.
One of my favorites of the vintage linens that I collect are those of Vera Neumann. I am going to share with you a few of my vintage Vera tablecloths and napkins from my personal collection. I love the bold beautiful color and design of Vera Neumann!
Pretty Vera Yellow Tulips tablecloth and napkins. Similar but notice the different Vera signature marks.
This is the signature mark on the tulips tablecloth.
And this is the signature on the napkins. The ladybug is missing.

Spring Song by Vera! Love the bold color!

You may want to check out my vintage resources page for links that I have gathered. There are some great links for dating your vintage Vera textiles and linens and also some other great links for care of vintage linens!
I can't wait to see what you have to show us all! So, click below and join in with your blog post and please remember to leave a courtesy link back to this blog post so that other visitors to your blog can link back here and join in on the fun!
17 comments:
These are beautiful linens. Love the patterns and colors. So vibrant.
Love this linen! I wish I could join ya'll this weekend with a post, but I'm BURIED in piles of stuff that are waiting to be listed on Etsy!
Those are so pretty! What a great collection. ::Jill
Beautiful tablecloth! Yellow is my favorite color and daffodils are one of my favorite flowers!
Wow, those are joyful. I will really need to see vivid spring flowers by the time February rolls around .... maybe I'll go look at this post several times during the winter months.
Wow, I remember these colors gracing my Mom's and Grandma's table...
Added a Pillow case from Germany, handmade in the 1920/1930
Thanks Monika
I adore vintage linen. There is something so comforting about them.
Wonderful vibrant colors on your linens. They would definitely make for a fun, happy table.
Jane
Thanks for letting me join in! Love vintage linens.
Love Vera linens!
Hi...me again. Thanks for all of the ideas for the embroidered napkins. I can't wait to get working on one...I'll post when I finish!
Jane
Thank you ever so much for the invitation! My computer will not let me join the linky, but Hubby promised to help me get it working by next Saturday. Until then here is my autumn blog post about a vintage tablerunner that I did this Tuesday.
http://momwaldsplace.blogspot.com/2010/10/vintage-embroidered-tablerunner-success.html
Now I need to go see the rest! I hope the computer will let me :O
I am sooo sorry to be linking in sooo late, but it's been hectic the last 2 days.
I couldn't miss this Saturday! I love LINENS!
Your Vera is really pretty.
Thanks for hosting this party and allowing me to join in.
Your Blogpal Melody.
Another great Saturday! Thanks so much,
Anne of VintageAndSuch on etsy
Stopping in to say hello and wishing you a lovely Sunday...
I so love vintage "VERA" linens...great colors. I sold lots of them when I had my antique business.
Blessings,
Linda
Your Vera is so lovely! Thank you for offering this venue. What a great idea.
Post a Comment