Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tea or Service Cart

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever. Chronicles 16:34


Yesterday I went to my Mom's for a visit! She & I had a good time...went to lunch and also hit the Goodwill store there. I have been looking for a tea cart or something along that line for a long, long time now. Well, guess what I found!!! There was also a great old wrought iron headboard there too. It was $89.00 and there was also an old icecream parlor type chair that was $45. I would have loved to have both of them, but I thought that was a bit high especially in a Goodwill store. But then again, maybe not because a lady grabbed the chair and took off with it in a hurry! LOL! Anyway I didn't want to put that kind of money into the wrought iron bed and the chair but I was NOT going to pass up on the cart! I could not believe that it was only $18.00! It looks pretty rough right now but I plan on fixing it up. I am still just trying to decide if this is a keeper or one that I will take to my space at the shop. I am thinking it is a keeper, but we will see! If I keep it I want to try paint it in colors that will coordinate with my kitchen. I think it would be a great piece to have on hand! Here are pictures..... Like I said, right now it is kind of ugly, but I think it is just a diamond in the rough!




It has a handle that you lift to push it and the wheels and castors work great, no squeeking or wobbles! And when it is not in use the side leafs fold down! Also has a drawer and two shelves! I know I am going to love it! Well....I already do, but once it is fixed up I doubt that I will be able to part with it!

Come back soon!
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage

5 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ohh Barbara its GORGEOUS, cant wait to see what you do with it! What a find! Well done!

xo Shann :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hi, Just found your blog, like it too!

What a bargain you have found here, can't wait to see the transformation!

Katherine

Peta said...

Love this, can't wait to see it all painted up and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it is WONDERFUL! I love it!
xo,
Kim

La Tea Dah said...

I am drooling over your new tea cart! It's simply beautiful! What a find! I think it would look beautiful painted a creamy white --- but there are many ways it could look beautiful --- soft green, or a hazy gray. Yummy!

Thanks for visiting Gracious Hospitality and please come back again. I'm glad to have found your blog too! Katherine is a sweetie --- I'm glad she's connected us.

:) LaTeaDah