Sunday, July 15, 2007

Thrifty Shopping




Hi everyone! Well, I have been at it again....thrifty shopping, that is! I went to Ross this week and found this cute little pink shoe mosaic planter. I also bought some storage boxes, but I forgot to take pictures of them. I'll try to add them another time... I love Ross! I find so many pretty things there for near to nothing in cost! A great store! The little trinket box with the pretty red, pink and yellow roses is a Goodwill find. Anyone who knows me knows that I LUV roses so I couldn't pass it by.


And while I was at the Goodwill store I found this great quilted comforter and the shams. I brought it home and washed it immediately and it is all clean and smelling beautifully fresh. It is bright white with bright yellow and bright red embroidered flowers. The border has vibrant colors.... red & pink flowers surrounded by a border of yellow flowers on one side and a green grasslike border on the exterior. It has a Tommy Hilfiger tag, so I know that it must have cost a lot more than I paid for it! I couldn't find a thing wrong with it except a small area in the quilting that had come undone just a bit, nothing that can't be fixed. I already had the bedskirt, which by the way went with another comforter & sham set that was a yard sale find! I thought the bedskirt went together with this comforter & sham set too! What do you think?

Here is a photo of one of the shams.

I also hit Kirkland's, which is great home interiors store. They too have great prices. Anyway I found a pretty little sage green clock with hand painted lavender and the word "Provence" painted on it. I loved it....only $9.99, so I couldn't pass it up! Here is a picture of it too!


Til next time...
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage

2 comments:

PattieJ said...

I love all of your thrift store finds. I think the quilt set looks good with the red and white bed skirt you have. Nice finds.

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Ok LUV LUV the shoe. I do some mosaic work when i find time (time...ha ha now thats funny) so i can see the care in that shoe.
So pretty :)

xo Shann