
I've been painting eggs! These eggs are made of wood and my goodness they are extra extra large! I think they call these ostrich eggs. Both are approximately 5 inches tall.
The purple & pink one is 8 and 3/4 inches around.
The pink & green one is about 8 inches around and 5 inches tall.

Painting these eggs are a pure act of love! They seemed to have taken a lot of time to me.... But that's ok.... because I do love them so!
And did you notice the little cozy that I crocheted to sit them in! Now are those cute or what? Attention to details counts!
I think that these would look cute displayed all year long. What do you think?
Painting these eggs are a pure act of love! They seemed to have taken a lot of time to me.... But that's ok.... because I do love them so!
And did you notice the little cozy that I crocheted to sit them in! Now are those cute or what? Attention to details counts!
I think that these would look cute displayed all year long. What do you think?
Today I went to buy more eggs to paint. I can't wait to get started on them! I will post more pictures as I can!

18 comments:
You are a talented painter and the eggs are lovely, but I think the idea for the crocheted cozies is the best part. You even added a sweet little pink rose.
Those are so sweet! I bought some little wooden eggs to paint last year, and never did. So perhaps I will get them out and paint away!
:)
Hi Barbara, These are beautiful!!! My grandmother used to paint these eggs up too, you brought back some wonderful memories!
Siobhan xo
HI Barbara
Not sure how I just found your blog, but you do beautiful work..Love the bunny box!!
Mary
This is so beautiful and dainty. what great detail too.
Great project.
Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!
The eggs are wonderful, but I especially like the little stands you made.
Karla
You're invited!!!!
What: A Blog Party
Where: http://daydreamstudios.blogspot.com/2008/02/welcome-to-my-humble-blog.html
When: Now thru next Tuesday
Why: Becuase I made it to 100 posts (wasn't sure I'd make it past 3)
Time: My blog never sleeps, so come when you can.
Who: You of course, bring a friend too.
P.S.: I have a present to give away!
They are gorgeous! I love them Barbara! My have been busy working on all your pretties. I know it's not work but fun and I am so proud of you.
Hugs,
Laurie
Hi Barbara,
The eggs are adorable!! Thanks for visiting me and your encouraging comments, I look forward to coming back here often
Those are so beautiful. xo Rachel
Hi Barbara!
These are really lovely, so soft, and delicate, adore painted eggs. You are so right, attention to detail does count, and these are so pretty. Love their little cozies! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on our blog.
We hope you have a lovely weekend! Jenn and Jacqui
beautiful eggs... you must have connections with the easter bunny :-)
Those eggs are wonderful...love the roses...just wanted to stop by and say thank you...thank you...thank you...for all your sweet wishes on my birthday!
Have a wonderful day...
smiles, kari (& kijsa)
They are beautiful!!
Visit my blog I have something for you..
XCherrie
Your painted eggs are beautiful, and I love the little cozies you made for them.
You have some really pretty Easter decorations for your home and also on Etsy :)
The eggs are lovely; you do beautiful work.
The chenille chicks are precious!
Oh your eggs are so pretty and I LOVE the little crochet nests you made to sit them in!
Penny
I'm new to your blog, and I just had to tell you how gorgeous your eggs are!! I crochet, so of course I loved these ones with the little cozy under them. You have a lovely talent, they are so very pretty.
Take care!
Amy
Post a Comment