If you are a lover of vintage china like I am, you are just thrilled when you find a beautiful old piece of china. I find it remarkable that some of these pieces are actually very old and have somehow survived lots of family dinners over the many years. I imagine that they graced the tables of many family Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter dinners during their time!
It is particularly fun when you find discontinued patterns! And I found some beautiful pieces lately and wanted to share them with you!
The piece pictured above is Wedgewood china, manufactured in England. The pattern is called Cornflower and the Pattern Number is AK8023. This particular piece is a salad plate. Pattern was manufactured from 1940 - 1964. I was fortunate to find a couple of these salad plates, especially to find them in such a nice condition!
I also have a Wedgewood Tigris dinnerplate that I found a while back that I may have shown you already. I will show it again just in case you, like me, love the old collections and you may have missed it first time around.

This is a beautiful 10 inch dinner plate also in a discontinued pattern of Wedgewood Tigris #A7165. USA Patent August 1, 1922. Also Made in England. Pattern features blue flowers, green leaves and a bird. A pretty scalloped edge around the plate too.
I love old china plates and even though I do not have full sets of these patterns, I always pick them up and bring them home with me when I find them. It's a lot of fun to research them and find out the age and dates that they were manufactured and learn a bit about their history.
I also have some vintage Noritake. This piece is a creamer. It is pattern called Modjeska. Also discontinued. Manufactured in Japan around 1918. It has a pretty yellow border and also features an urn filled with fruit and flower design.
Another piece of Noritake. This one is in the pattern called Wild Ivy. It was manufactured from 1959 - 1973. Also a discontinued pattern # B102. It is Cook N Serve and features ivy leaves that are a green / gray color.
So here are a few of the pieces that I have found. I hope you enjoyed a bit of the history of the pieces!
Lots of love,
Barbara
15 comments:
I love your china finds, especially that Tigris plate!
Just beautiful and so much history in those pieces!
Hi Barbara!!
Really enjoyed your post!! I just love old dishes & these are beautiful!
Good to hear from ya'...
Stop by my Blog when you have time. I have something for you!!
Love,
Marilyn
What lovely pieces! It's always so fun to find a "gem" while on a hunt. Thanks for sharing them with us. ; )
~Michele
Being British and growing up there I have always loved Wedgewood. I only have a few pieces but I just love it :)
Have you ever come across any Burgess chintz? It's by Burleigh and has a tiny blue and white floral pattern. Our name is Burgess, so naturally we collect it! I rarely see any, though.
Hi BailiwickDesigns! No, I do not have any of that pattern but am familiar with it. You can find some pieces on ReplacementsLtd.com!
What absolutely gorgeous wedgewood pieces!
Great pieces! Thanks for sharing!
nice lot Barbara you have a good eye for china.
Those are fabulously gorgeous!! Lucky Girl!!
Those are beautiful Barbara! I love them! Did I tell you that I have the whole set of creamer, sugar bowl and teapot. It's the teapot I bought from you. I love them!!! I must blog about them soon.
i love vintage china sooooo much, when i was in england I picked it up in charity shops for ridiculous prices, now here in AUstralia it's not quite so simple but still love it
i have recently only discovered the beauty of Noritake but havent' seen that pattern, hmmm I'll keep my eye open for wild ivy
sarah
Hi Barbara~
Ooh, what lovely china--I'm a sucker for this stuff as well...
Thanks so much for your sweet comments! I'm so proud of my mother getting her work on Etsy finally--I'll be sure to pass along your comment to her :) And a tiny pic of "hubby to be" can be seen if you follow the link--I will post a larger one soon though!
Have a wonderful weekend :)
xo,
Ivy
Hi
I found your blog from blog hopping today :)
Thought Id say Hi!
:) Candy
Post a Comment