
Life was a much simpler then. It didn't take a whole lot to keep us happy. A jump rope meant hours of fun with all of the neighborhood kids taking turns jumping and seeing who could jump the most without getting tripped up in the rope.
I didn't have a butterfly net but I did chase around and try to catch them. But I had better luck with fireflies. I would put them in a jar and sit them on our nite stand and they would light up our room. I tried to catch them with the jar, because if you have ever handled a firefly you know that they don't smell good at all! What ever happened to fireflies? I never see those anymore either!
Mom would make up some bubbles for us and we marveled at all of the colors as the sunshine touched on them and laughed as we chased them and tried to get them to land on our noses.
I hope that you enjoyed these pretty prints that were from calendars from the 1970's by artist Joan Walsh. They are available at Peggy's shop at etsy.com/shop/TheVintageButtonJar. And she has lots more of them! And some pretty vintage linens and hankies too! I hope you will stop in to visit her shop and also her blog at http://www.pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com.
7 comments:
Love paper ephemera, and these are wonderful!
..prints and thoughtful reading. I am always reminding my kids of how things used to be and that WE were never bored !
Barbara.....Just loved your post! Reminds me of my childhood!! The prints are adorable.....My childhood prints were mostly Dick & Jane.
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo
You are in a nostalgic mood lately, is it spring?
Thanks for including my prints in your sweet post!
Peggy
I remember these! They are so cute! As far as fire flies, they are still around, we have tons of them out in the country where I live. Lovely post and great memories!
Your memories of summer make me smile....I NEVER went inside unless I absolutely had to.
We didn't have fireflies living in SO CA but I remember trying to catch them when we were visiting family in Chicago. And my Dad took my brother and me to the beach almost every Saturday in the summer.
Post a Comment