Saturday, September 4, 2010

Show Me Your Kitsch! It's Vintage Love Saturday!

Welcome to Vintage Love Saturday!! Kitsch is the voted theme for this week and I have to tell you that I wasn't sure if I had anything around here to share. But, I headed to Mr. Southern's pool room and found some things that just might qualify!




I found this vintage nutcracker and pick holder.
Looks like a pretty handy way to store the nutcraker and picks.

And I found an old bar lamp that he had tucked in on a shelf.


And this bobble head guy, well... I won't tell you what happens under that skirt if you wiggle this guy's head. No, we won't go there! But I will say, it's not a pretty sight!... Geesh, men and what they think is funny.....

Can't wait to see what you all have to share with us! Please provide a courtesy link on your blog back to this post so that others who want to share their kitsch can link up too!

Oh...and while you are here please vote for next week's theme which will be for Vintage Love Saturday on September 11, 2010! The poll for next week's theme will close at 11:59 PM on September 8th, 2010.

5 comments:

georgiamarbles said...

LOL I had trouble downloading a pic of my hubbies wine bottle drip candle he is so proud of but I think you can get an idea of what it looks like! Maybe a smaller pic is better this time!!

Antiques Galore Gal said...

You have to love kitsch! What great examples! Thank you for the opportunity to link up and share.

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you southern lady for your visit to a southern Calif lady.
Thank you for your sweet words of congrats for my featured spot in Romantic Homes. I am still smiling with excitement and you have added to it.
Now to go back and check out more of your place so I can get to know you even better.
Keep inspiring us all.
xoxo
Dore

Laura @ the home repeated said...

The monkey is fantastic! Such a perfect example of kitsch.

Jeanne Oliver said...

Great examples:-) Love this Elvis song...haven't heard it in forever.