
Being a crafter and one who crochets and knits AND one who loves vintage I am often intrigued with vintage crafts. I found some of these kitschy old placemats that were made on some sort of loom. I remember that there used to be a loom called Lily Speed O Weave. They came in various shapes. I believe that these vintage placemats were weaved on hexagon shaped similar type of loom.
I can only imagine how time consuming it must have been to hand weave these! They'd be great in a retro kitchen!Loved red? Visit Sue Loves Cherries for other contributors to Rednesday!
13 comments:
Super find! It would be fun to know how that was made. Fun find for Rednesday.
Cute placemat - lovin' that glass!
Morning Barbara!
Years ago when we rented a house the elderly landlady who lived down the road used to make these for her church bazzars. I always thought they were so pretty!!
Love,
Marilyn
Oh those are so cute. They look like little poinsettia's. So pretty!!!
Have a great day!
Kim
I remember these...thanks for sharing ...blessings
I have a few of these and I love them! I didn't know how they were made, but I agree-great for a retro kitchen and also for Rednesday!
Very pretty.
I agree...they would look great in a retro kitchen. Those guys are RED for sure. ;-)
Thank you so much for sharing these with us, I've never seen ones like it before. So much fun!
Happy Rednesday,
Sally
wow it is pretty looks like it has some out of this world stitching. i wonder how it is all done on a loom like that... It had to have taken a long time to do. This spring I found a daisy afgan that may have been done like that.. i can't figure out how else it would have been done... Thanks for sharing. I am always up for something unusual and pretty to boot. Mica/The Child's Paper
I remember seeing ladies make these. I have not seen them in awhile. If I took the time, I may still have a set stashed away.
Wow! How fun. Mom has a set of red and green. Placemats and hot pads. She got them at a flea somewhere. I'll have to let her know.
My mom used to make these when I was a teenager. She has always loved hand work - like crochet and embroidery. She also loomed those cute yarn flowers that you shared. They really are pretty.
Post a Comment