Friday, October 8, 2010

Vintage Love Saturday October 9, 2010 Vintage Sewing

It's Vintage Love Saturday and we are sharing vintage sewing items! I've heard that you all have lots to share so I am excited to see it all! For those of you who are new to Vintage Love Saturday, it is very simple and here is how it works!

1) Prepare a blog post with photos featuring the current week's theme

2) Make sure that you include a clickable link back to this blog post current week's Vintage Love Saturday post. This is important as it allows visitors to your blog to know where they should come to link in and join or to visit other participant's blogs. Last week we had some to join in because they saw a link on a participant's blog back to here.

3) Link your link and insert your photo to the linking tool and photo block that will pop up when you link in at the bottom of the post. Not scary. You'll see!

4) Visit around and support the contributors of Vintage Love Saturday participants and comment and let them know you enjoyed their items

5) Cast your vote for the upcoming week's theme while you are here

6) Have fun and enjoy getting to know other bloggers who also love vintage! Share the word and let other vintage lover's know about it so we can grow!

Here's a cute little sewing supply lady figurine that holds a spool of thread, scissors and there's a place in her hat to use as a small pincushion.












Recently I found a huge bag of vintage sewing patterns. Here's just a few of them, mostly from the 60's, 70's and 80's.



This pattern is a pattern from 1972 by Simplicity #5495 A Decorator patten for making kitchen appliance covers and potholders. Check out that whimsical retro fabric!




And this pattern is a McCall's 5617 pattern from 1977 and the patterns are also for home accessories including toaster covers, blender cover, cute little aprons and potholders. Love the polka dots!





Simplicity 6483 Decorator Pattern from 1974 for making pillows.



And lastly this cute transfer pattern by McCall's #6558 from 1962 transfers for making felt tote bags, a tree skirt and ornamental trees. Cute!

You're next! Can't wait to see what you have!

6 comments:

georgiamarbles said...

Love allof your vintage pin holders and patterns!

Unknown said...

Hi! I love that little pinkeep girl. Too cute.,,and the retro patterns are neat. I was happy I got to pop over today. I missed seein you all. It's Homecoming around here and several school's were tonight, sooooo corsage's were the order of the day at the flower shop. I am soooo glad that is over. Now, next weekend is Sweetest Day..it's our 38th year..that weekend. It's not as big as it used to be, but it's still busy. @3;; I just got home and so did Jim..we'er goin out to eat.
Type ya later!
Melody
......we're frinds stitched together by embroidery threads.....

Antiques Galore Gal said...

One of my favorite themes!

ennadoolf said...

Love vintage sewing things! I even have vintage buttons in my shop at http://VintageAndSuch.etsy.com but wanted to blog about the bunny patterns. :)

ThreeOldKeys said...

Hurray for sewing notions and supplies and tools and treasures and .... oh, sorry. I need some sleep. These are all so fun to look at, thanks Southern Lady!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love vintage pin cushions and sewing notions. These are all so lovely.