Friday, October 1, 2010

Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers



Welcome to Vintage Love Saturday for October 2, 2010! This week there was a tie on the voted theme. So this week we will share our vintage salt and pepper shaker collections and next week, Saturday, October 9th, 2010 we will share our vintage sewing items. So get your Aunt Lucy's or Grandma Edna's or your Mother's vintage sewing items down and begin to get ready for next week's theme!
This week I would like to share a couple of the cutest vintage salt and pepper shakers. I love those cute little animal type shakers and here are a couple of sets that I would like to share with you!



These sweet little vintage Norcrest Mr. and Mrs. Goose salt and pepper shakers would be a cute addition to a cottage style kitchen!

I can't wait to see what you have to share! Remember this link is for blog posts only. Please remember to link your blog post to this blog post and your blog post should contain A link back to the current week's Vintage Love Saturday theme post so that other bloggers can join in,

It's your turn! Put your blog post link in the linking tool below!

16 comments:

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh these are so cute! OK so here's an awful story...I was given my grandmothers collection of S&P shakers many years ago which was extensive to say the least; about 100 or more sets. I had them all packed away in a big box because of moving from place to place. I inadvertantly took the entire box of S&P shakers to the Goodwill donations center while spring cleaning and never saw them again! To this day I am still sick when I think of what I did!
On a lighter note, I have a great sewing collection to share:)
Terry

ThreeOldKeys said...

I love your bears .... but I'm seeing a pattern here, with geese, swans and ... whatever birds mine are. Canaries? Parakeets?

Thanks SLV ... you're helping me learn how to make this bloggin' thing work.

And to Terri .... oohhhh, we all have those heartwrenching tales in our families ..... I'm looking forward to vintage sewing treasure!

laurie

Vintage Tinsel said...

Thanks for the opportunity to link up! One of my favorite collectibles.

Antiques Galore Gal said...

Did you know I have a salt and pepper shaker collection? Most are from the 1930-1950's. Love them!

Lenore said...

Darling vintage salt shakers, Barb..are you ever tempted to use them?

ennadoolf said...

No links from me today but I love visiting everyone elses! I remember a good friend had a S&P collection a few years back ... but for me, I've collected many things over the years, just not S&P shakers.

I love looking at them though - such imagination to create some of the pairings and sets!

Unknown said...

Oh Man! I cannot beleive I missed your Sat. party again!!! Last week the Craft Show.....this week just got away tryin to get reorganized...:( Yea for vintage sewing!!!! Next week. Love your S & P example.
I also wanted to invite you to join in a little party I host for EtsyCottageStyle.blogspot.com Market Monday. You could link in!!

AlyMae said...

Shaking up some vintage fun! I found these tiny iron shakers in a collection that the owner had built over decades -- they had thousands, and numbered them all! I kept a few, like the tiny rosebuds in my blogpost, but I can't start collecting shakers -- not enough shelfspace in my house!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Oh my gosh Terry! I would be sick too!! But sure do wish I had been at that Goodwill the day you dropped those off!!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Laurie thank you for joining in! I am glad to see you each week. If you ever have any questions just contact me thru my etsy convo button. I am happy to help you!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

ennadolf, I am so happy that you stopped by. Maybe you can join in another time!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Vintage Tinsel and AntiquesGaloreGal, thank you so much for your commitment each week to share your items. No AGG I didn't know that you had a collection! Would love to see more sometimes!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Lenore yes I am tempted! LOL!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Melody, I have missed you!! Thank you for stopping by and for the invite! I took you up on it!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

AlyMae you have some adorable shakers! Thank you for joining in! I hope you will be back next week to share your vintage sewing items!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Thanks to all of you who joined in and participated. The linking tool is still open and will be open for many more days, so if you know someone who might want to join in please invite them. Everyone is welcome to join in!