Friday, November 19, 2010

Vintage Samsonite Train Case and Upcycled Cottage Style Keepsakes Case

This week for Vintage Love Saturday I thought that I would give you all a break from voting on a theme and just let you all just post about anything vintage that you would like to post about! Whether it's something from your family's history that has been around for a long, long time or a cool vintage find that you lucked up on or even a not so great find that you repurposed into something else! It's your choice!

One of the reasons that I love to hunt for vintage finds is because first off, I LOVE the HUNT! Secondly I am also a crafter and I often find some things that I can upcycle, recycle or give a makeover.


I often look for vintage luggage and boxes or cases. This pretty Samsonite train case was one that I found, cleaned up and am offering up for sale just as it is. Vintage luggage is great storage and so I figure that if I end up not wanting to sell it, I can use it for storage around the house or I can upcycle it if I get the crafting bug!!




For instance, I found an old, dark wood case. (Sorry, I didn't take the "before" photo!) I thought it would give it a bit of a cottage style home decor look if I painted it white and added some little hand painted roses and other little details! I thought that it would make a great little overnight case or a nice little keepsakes case!
So now my cottage style roses case has a completely different look!

What do you want to share today? Link up your blog post below and remember to include a link back to this blog post as a courtesy to those who might like to join in!!

PS....while you are here please help spread the word by clicking on the little social networking buttons below to automatically tweet, facebook or blog this post! Many thanks!

PSS......for next Saturday's theme I thought it might be nice to celebrate kicking off the season with Vintage Christmas goodies! So be thinking and gathering up your idea(s), photos, etc. and get ready for next Saturday!


6 comments:

Karen said...

Love what you did with the wooden box. So pretty.

Antiques Galore Gal said...

One of my favorite things is vintage luggage! I still have the hard shell pink suitcase my parents bought me in high school. I cherish it!

Anonymous said...

I need to try my hand at one of these cases. I had a fellow artisan do an old metal lunch pale for me to place special notes and pictures inside for my granddaughter. I will give it to her on her 18th birthday. I've been collecting beautiful handcrafted goodies from many artisans to put in it. I love yours too. I'm going to check out your etsy shop here in a bit. Hugs. Tammy

Vintage Tinsel said...

Thanks for the opportunity to link up!

ThreeOldKeys said...

Hi SLV - another Saturday and you have another cool project to post! I'm impressed at how you gussied up the wood case ... very cool!

I've posted a link and thanks again for the motivation to put up something on my blog. I'm learning and it's getting easier!

Leona's Old Linens said...

Thanks for letting me link up! This was an easy theme!