"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32
In years past I was an avid gardener. I loved my flowers & from spring thru fall you would find me outside from sunrise to sunset on the weekends in my garden… planting, weeding, rooting, transplanting, etc. I even liked to cutting grass, so long as I could do it on a riding lawnmower that is! I grew a lot of my flowers from seed or rooted cuttings and tenderly cared for them thru the winter under my grow lamps or in my cold frame and anxiously awaited spring so I could dig into the dirt! I would spend winter months pouring through seed, plant and bulb catalogs dreaming about what I would plant once the weather was ready for planting. I loved to garden and found it very rewarding.
I love peonies and hydrangeas. I have some pink peonies and though I did cut off a few of them to dry, I forgot to take pictures of them. I love the ruffled petals of peonies and the sweetness of their big, bold blooms. And my hydrangeas are doing nothing so far. Guess the cold snap got most of the buds this year as we had an unexpected frost after Easter.…not common here in the south.
Most of the planting has been left to my husband for the last few years. This year he planted some pink petunias for me. Some are in planters and some are in the garden. This morning I took a few pictures and thought that I would share them with you.
And here are some geraniums that are in pots and are on our deck.
I did manage to plant a few cannas in mixed colors… red, yellow, pink and orange, but so far only the yellow has bloomed.
And the hosta are pretty this year. I have several varieties, but I think this one is my favorite. I love the brightness that the yellow brings to a shade garden.
Hey... I think that is poison ivy or poison oak in there! Oh well....I'm not digging in after it!
Here is another variety. It's not quite as yellow, but still very pretty.
The lantana is still pretty small. I love the shades of pinks, yellows and oranges in the blooms.I'll try to get more pictures when the lantana matures a bit more.
And here is some moss rose. I love how so many color varieties bloom from a single plant.
I just planted a rose bush this year called “Knockout Roses”. It is small & just planted a few weeks ago. But they grow pretty fast and supposedly bloom from spring thru fall and are also suppose to be disease resistant. The blooms on this one is red. I know that I have seen them in pink too, but didn’t find any the day that I was at the garden center.
A little closer look!
One of the daylily varieties that is in my garden.
I hope you enjoyed looking! I hope to add more pictures soon! Come back anytime!
Barbara
No comments:
Post a Comment