Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pretty Hand Painted Roses Vintage Cherub & Wall Pocket

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."Romans 8:28


I have been busy today! I have been trying to get back into my painting. I am going to try to do a little more this upcoming week too! I have soooooooooooo much stuff that I just must do something! I've been doing way too much buying and way to little re-doing! But you know how that goes! You hunt, you find, and you buy and tuck away somewhere. I am going to try very hard to accomplish more, so check back often because a lot of my items will either be going to a shop nearby me or up for sale on ebay!



I started here with these two items that I found a good while back. I am tickled to finally have something accomplished! One item is a sweet little cherub planter that I found and added tiny little hand painted roses around her cornucopia. I thought that she would look sweet on a vanity holding makeup brushes or cotton balls or whatever one's little heart desires that can fit in there, of course! Isn't she just darling?
Here is what she looked like when I found her!
I suppose I could have just let her alone! But then again, nope.... I couldn't! I just wanted to paint some roses on her and white seemed to be the perfect background!

More views of "after"!
Cute little bottom!
And below is a vintage wall planter that I found and gave a re-do too!


I love scrolly! I think that is what attracted me to it to begin with!

And if you really, really, really love them they are going to be available on my Ebay this week along with many other goodies! I hope you will scoot on over there and take a peek later on tonight! I have several items to add along with what is currently there! Some ending tonight by the way! If you are interested just click on my link on the right side of my blog page!

Til next time, take care and come back soon!
Barbara

1 comment:

momof2roses said...

Oh just love both of these items you painted Barbara! You do such good work!

Laurie (your shabby friend)